Please reference the following information pertaining to the Town of Holly Springs, local Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) schools, and other local items relevant to the members of Sunset Oaks HOA.
- In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
- For non-emergencies, please call the Holly Springs Police Department at (919) 552-7110, or, if after hours, please call (919) 557-9111.
Departments & Divisions
The Holly Springs Fire Department provides the following fire services:
- Fire suppression within the municipal limits and areas surrounding the Town
- Free blood pressure checks at all fire stations
- Emergency medical services that include fire engine first-responder services (first responders provide initial patient care prior to ambulance arrival)
- Fire education programs on various aspects of public fire safety that are presented to any group free of charge
- Fire hydrant maintenance for all hydrants located in the fire district
- Free tours of the fire stations will be provided with prior arrangements or appointment
In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For non-emergency communication, please call (919) 567-4733.
The Holly Springs Police Department, working in partnership with the citizens we serve, shall endeavor and remain committed through professional, ethical, and impartial policing practices to preserve life, protect property, and maintain order for all who live, learn, and visit in our community.
In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For non-emergency communication, please call (919) 552-7110, or, if after hours, please call (919) 557-9111.
The Town’s animal control officer takes a proactive approach to:
- Investigating animal bites and nuisance complaints
- Investigating allegations of animal cruelty
- Educating citizens about the humane treatment of animals
- Picking up stray or injured animals
For animal bites and calls for service, please dial 9-1-1. For other communication or questions, please call (919) 557-9111.
For public safety, stray animals will be taken to the Wake County Animal Center. The shelter is located at 820 Beacon Drive in Raleigh. They can be contacted at (919) 212-PETS (7387). Animals may be reclaimed within 72 hours or three shelter business days. Reclaim and boarding fees will be charged. These fees must be paid at the time the animal is reclaimed.
The children of Sunset Oaks attend Wake County schools, which consistently rank among the best in the state. Located close to home, our schools are smaller than many in the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) and afford our students more one-on-one attention.
Some schools in WCPSS, including some of those available to children of Sunset Oaks, run on a multi-track year-round calendar, which takes the traditional 180-day school year and divides it into nine-week quarters with a three-week break at the end of each quarter.
Below we provide the current base and alternate schools that serve the Sunset Oaks community as of the 2015-2016 WCPSS school year. In addition, we’ve marked whether the school currently operates on a traditional or multi-track year-round school calendar. For current school system and school profile information, please visit www.wcpss.net.
2015-2016 Base Schools
- Middle Creek Elementary School (year-round)
- Holly Ridge Middle School (traditional)
- Middle Creek High School (traditional)
2015-2016 Alternate Schools
- Swift Creek Elementary School (traditional)
- Yates Mill Elementary School (traditional)
- West Lake Middle School (year-round)
Town of Holly Springs
- Town of Holly Springs Website
- Town Calendar
- Town Updates
- Town Social Media
- The Springs Town Newsletter Archive
- Town FAQs
- Town A-to-Z Guide
- Mayor & Town Council
- Municipal Code of Ordinances
- County, State & Federal Resources
Parks & Recreation
- The Town of Holly Spring Parks & Recreation Department has an extensive network of parks, greenways, and facilities. For more information, please download and view the department’s facilities guide or click on the links below:
- Annual special events organized by the Town include (in calendar order):
- Bass Lake Photo Contest—Photography contest open to amateur photographers of all ages, in which all photos must be taken at Bass Lake Park, with the entry deadline being March 31 at midnight. A photo show and reception take place on the last Sunday in April at Bass Lake Park.
- Turtlefest—Join in a day of celebrating and learning all about turtles! The event is held on the 2nd Saturday in May at Bass Lake Park. Highlights include: interactive exhibits; meet biologists, herpetologists, and wildlife rehabilitators; make crafts, play games, and win prizes; and, of course, meet live animals.
- July 5th festivities—Join the Town the day after Independence Day for a traditional celebration of America’s birthday. Festivities include: music; food vendors; inflatables and games; potato sack races; beaded crafts and paper crafts; coloring, playdough, and bubbles; face painting and other games; a cornhole tournament; and, of course, ending it all with a fireworks show that typically starts at 9:15PM.
- Dog Days in the Park—Typically held on a Saturday afternoon in September at Sugg Farm. The event features a host of local pet-care businesses, adoptable dogs, face painting for the kids, food, entertainment, and multiple contests for the dogs and their owners.
- Bass Lake Day—Annual Nature and Environmental Education Festival held on the 1st Saturday in October at Bass Lake Park.
- Hollyfest—The Town of Holly Springs joins with local churches, civic organizations, and businesses for this annual community celebration held on the last Saturday in October at Sugg Farm. The event features: entertainment; arts & crafts; a kids corner; kids inflatables and rides; pig racing; a cornhole tournament; food for every taste; a pumpkin carving contest; an expo of local non-profit community groups, churches, civic organizations, and businesses; and fire truck, ambulance, and police vehicles on display. Later in the evening (beginning around 7PM), there’s the Haunted Hayride on the Farm for those aiming for a little fright to end their night.
- Main Street Christmas—Celebrate the holidays with Holly Springs on a Friday evening in December at both Holly Springs Town Hall and the Cultural Center. Highlights include: a visit with Santa at Town Hall (until 7:30PM), a hayride down Ballentine street, free refreshments, carolers, live entertainment, stories with Mrs. Claus at the Cultural Center, and the annual Town tree lighting on the Cultural Center lawn at 8PM.
Public Utilities & Public Works
- Utility Bill Payment Options
- Utility Rates
- Water & Sewer
- Garbage & Recycling
- Garbage collection occurs weekly. Recycling is collected every other week on the same day of the week as garbage collection.
- Currently in Sunset Oaks, depending on your street address, garbage and recycling collection days will either be on Tuesdays or Wednesdays except during inclement weather (such as snowstorms), if equipment is damaged, and on Town holidays. Please refer to the Town’s Garbage & Recycling Collection Schedule for specific days and routes that apply.
- Yard Waste
- The Town currently collects residential yard waste in Sunset Oaks on Wednesdays except during peak leaf season (Nov. 1-Jan. 31 when crews continually circulate through Town), during inclement weather events (such as snowstorms), if equipment is damaged, and on Town holidays.Place yard waste at the edge of your front yard off the street pavement the day before your scheduled service day. Please allow a two-day service window for pickup in case crews encounter excessive amounts of debris. For more information, please call the Public Works Department at (919) 552-5920, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Helpful Resident Information
- General Maintenance of Street Trees
As a homeowner in a street tree community, it is your responsibility to maintain your street tree(s) and ensure that through sound pruning techniques your street tree(s) will be something for you and all your neighbors to enjoy! If the tree should die or require replacement, you are responsible for replacing the street tree with the same species as the original tree. Please contact the Department of Planning & Zoning to confirm the species of the street tree.
- General Maintenance of Street Trees
Maps & Plans
- Planning & Zoning Department Maps
- Interactive Development Map | What’s Coming to Town?
- Engineering Department Maps
Chamber of Commerce
Holly Springs Community Library
Holly Springs, NC 27540 (view map)
- Monday–Thursday — 9AM–9PM
- Friday — 10AM–6PM
- Saturday — 10AM–6PM
- Sunday — Closed
Holly Springs Post Office (USPS)112 3rd St
Holly Springs, NC 27540-9998
(919) 552-1966 fax
- Monday–Friday — 9AM–4:30PM
- Saturday — 10AM–12PM
Last Daily Collection
- Monday-Friday — 5PM
- Saturday — 12PM
Community Recreational Amenities
In addition to living in the growing and vibrant town that is Holly Springs and all the local parks and recreational opportunities afforded its citizens, there are two nearby optional and membership-based recreational amenities available to homeowners and residents of Sunset Oaks.
Sunset Ridge Racquet & Swim Club
Sunset Ridge Racquet & Swim Club is a private membership club located in the Sunset Ridge neighborhood in Holly Springs. The club currently includes a tennis facility with six lighted tennis courts and a pro shop, plus two aquatic activity centers with six pools—two competition-sized lap pools, two baby pools, a fun pool with umbrella jets and water curtains, and a 165-ft. water slide—all within the Sunset Ridge neighborhood. And then there is an aquatic activity center and waterpark located within the Sunset Oaks neighborhood, featuring the Triangle’s first lazy river. After floating around the meandering lazy river, you can enjoy the shore-entry pool, the children’s splashers and sprayers areas, the competition-sized lap pool, or the 150 feet of the twisting and turning water slide.5032 Linksland DriveHolly Springs, NC 27540
Devils Ridge Golf Club
Devils Ridge Golf Club offers up a premier, challenging, par-72 course designed by John Lafoy, with four sets of tees that make it an enjoyable course for golfers of every caliber. Golf amenities include a putting green, chipping green, and driving range. PGA Professionals are available to handle all your golf needs. Other club features include a plantation-style clubhouse full of southern charm and a complete food and beverage service.5107 Linksland DriveHolly Springs, NC 27540
IMPORTANT: Sunset Ridge Racquet & Swim Club and Devils Ridge Golf Club, which our homeowners and residents may elect to become members of, are not affiliated with, managed, or maintained by Sunset Oaks HOA. Therefore, the homeowners association assessments do not cover any of these third-party, membership-optional, nearby amenities.
Utility & Communications Service Providers
Below we provide the current service providers for water, sewer, garbage, recycling, gas, power, landline telephone, and cable services. For any questions on service availability, pricing, or service start-up, please contact the service providers using the links found below.
- Water, sewer, garbage, and recycling services are all provided and billed by the Town of Holly Springs
- Natural gas service is provided and billed by PSNC Energy
- Power service is provided and billed by Duke Energy Progress
- Landline telephone service is provided and billed by AT&T
- Cable service is provided and billed by Time Warner Cable
There may be alternative service providers for services such as satellite TV and Internet that residents may opt for, and for questions about availability or pricing of those services in our area, you may contact those alternative providers directly.